About Castro Smith
Castro Smith is an independent jewellery brand specialising in hand engraving. Castro’s studio space is currently one of many creative studios located at Cockpit Arts in Central London. Castro works predominantly on a bespoke commission basis as well as selling his pieces through Dover Street Market International, Twist, Reliquary and August LA.
The business has been operating for just over three years and is growing rapidly. It’s an exciting time of growth for the brand and Castro is looking for someone who can help support him and keep existing processes running smoothly.
- Contract Type: Freelance with a 3 month probationary period
- 3 days per week
- Hours: 10am - 6pm
Summary of Role
This is a unique opportunity to gain first-hand experience working with a small but increasingly growing business. You will be working directly with Castro to assist with long term strategy, as well as overseeing the day to day operations of the business.
Being one of five people in the business, this role will suit a self-starter, someone highly organised, driven, fun and full of energy, who can happily work autonomously as well as supporting Castro with business decisions where needed.
- Managing multiple inboxes answering enquiries, educating customers about process, design phases and product.
- Arranging and hosting studio consultations, recording all information needed for the process
- Quoting on order options
- Managing shipping of goods and updating customers
- Using the CRM system ‘Monday’ to keep track of orders production timelines and to log important information
- Ensuring the website is kept up to date and looking fresh
- Capturing and keeping track of all web orders
- Updating the blog when appropriate
- Using Xero to invoice customers and tracking incoming payments via Paypal and company bank account
- Using the app ‘DEXT’ to submit all company expenses
- Assisting company accountant with any queries and supporting quarterly VAT returns and annual tax return where necessary
- Paying suppliers promptly and accurately
Retail Relationship Management
- Ensuring all orders are captured accurately and status updates are shared with retail partners
- Keeping track of payments
- Creating relationships with potential stockists
- Develop strong relationships with all of Castro’s suppliers
- Placing orders
- Ensuring deadlines are met
- Quality control
- Researching new suppliers to on-board or trial
- Diary management
- Regular reminders
- Time management
- Completing quarterly stock takes
- Updating retail stock lists
Social media management
- Keeping Facebook up to date
Archiving and documenting
- Ensuring all design work is saved digitally and original drawings are stored correctly
- Documenting customer stories from bespoke orders
- Documenting all press features
Occasionally collecting materials from suppliers
- High level of customer service experience and a great understanding of identifying target customers, evaluating interest and handling correspondence
- Confident and outgoing, used to networking and experience in outward-facing roles
- Keen interest and experience working in the jewellery industry
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Initiate and lead the development and production of new designs
- Prepared for a fluid role where hands-on work outside of the immediate scope of the role may be required
- Effective time management and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Manage workflow between supplier and staff
- Independent and strong ability to work autonomously
- A logical, patient and calm approach to problem-solving
- Experience using GSuite, Microsoft Office, CRM systems, Adobe Photoshop
- Fun, positive and a dynamic thinker
What to expect?
- Flexible working environment, supporting flexible hours and remote working
- Ability to influence an exciting and evolving small business
- High level of autonomy and decision making ability
- Very good range of snacks
How to apply
To apply, please email a one-page cover letter and CV to Mattie Sandys-Renton: email@example.com by Midnight 19th March 2021
Whether you’re looking for a bespoke engagement ring or one-of-a-kind commission, we’ll work with you every step of the way to create something special. Your personalised process starts with a briefing, detailed initial sketches and a consultation in our atelier space, and ends with you receiving your unique handcrafted piece.
Due to the intricate nature of our work, commissions come with a minimum timeline of six months, and there’s a lot to think about to ensure you’re getting the perfect piece of jewellery for you.